Recognition, Press & Awards
Approved by Parents’ Choice
The Come Sing Along With Janie Next Door™ CD has been approved by Parents’ Choice.
Family-Approved by the Dove Foundation
Review of: Come Sing Along with Janie Next Door™ CD
Dove Worldview: Here we have a collection of 18 songs that will charm everyone. These cute little songs are about many things in a child’s life like riding a bike, taking a nap and going back to school. The toe-tapping melodies and charming voice of Jane Christison will have everyone singing along. Some of the songs may make you laugh and clap along. We are proud to award this CD the Dove “Family-Approved” Seal for all ages.
The Come Sing Along with Janie Next Door™ CD has won approval by the Dove Foundation Review Board. This means that the content expressed makes for the kind of entertainment family members can enjoy together with confidence. The Dove Family-Approved Seal is awarded to movies, DVDs, made for TV movies and specials, books and other entertainment products that portray and encourage positive values.
Reviewed by: Donna Rolfe
Mom’s Choice Award Recipient
The Come Sing Along With Janie Next Door™ CD has been named among the best in family-friendly media products and services by the Mom’s Choice Awards®.
Featured (for the 9th time!) in: Accordion Stars Magazine
- Page 20 – photo of Jane and some of her accordion “family”
- Pages 24-25 Interview with Jane Christison plus photos
- Page 72 – Updated list of America’s Greats – Inductees into the American Accordion Hall of Fame; the official rosters of the Federation of American Musicians, Singers and Performing Artists, Inc. (FAMSPA). March 2020
- Page 82 – American Accordionists Who Became Famous Within the European Accordion and Accordionists Communities. Jane is tied for #12
- Page 83 – American Accordionists Who are Famous, and/or Became Known figures within the American Accordion/Accordionists Communities. Jane is tied for #10
Accordion Stars Magazine Published by MDL®, New York
Featured in: The World’s Best of the Best and Most Illustrious
The World’s Best of the Best and Most Illustrious Men, Women, Places, Awards, and Accomplishments: 2019 4th Edition
- Page 87 – Included in the list of Inductees into the American Accordion Hall of Fame
- Page 93 – The 2019 World Music Awards – Lifetime Achievement Award List
- Page 102 – Photo as part of the Musicians Who Made a Big Buzz in 2019 List
- Page 106 – Musicians Who Made a Big Buzz in 2019 List
- Page 515 – Music The Year’s Most Important Renaissance – The Rebirth of the Accordion –Photo
- Page 518 – Teaching and Contributions to Music in the United States: Jane Christison is named
- Page 519 – Accordionists Who Are Good For Business List
- Page 523 – Accordionists Who Are in Demand List
- Page 525 – The 50 Most Fascinating Female Accordionists List
- Pages 526-527 – Shining Stars – United States – Article about Jane Christison
Published by Stars Illustrated Magazine®, Times Square Press®, Federation of American Musicians, Singers and Performing Artists, Inc. (FAMSPA)
Featured in: Accordion and World’s Best Contemporary Accordionists Book
Accordion and World’s Best Contemporary Accordionists: April 9, 2019
- Page 15 – List of Names from Chapter VI: Profile of Distinguished Accordionists and Personalities of the World of Accordion
- Page 103 – Chapter V – Most Famous Accordionists in the World – United States
- Page 114 – Chapter VI – Profile of Distinguished Accordionists and Personalities of the World of Accordion – The Best of the Best in the Business
- Pages 135-136 – Chapter VI – Jane Christison Photo and Profile
Published by: Times Square Press®, Stars Illustrated Magazine®, Newyork, Federation of American Musicians, Singers and Performing Artists Inc. (FAMSPA), and Maximillien de Lafayette®
Featured In: World’s Best Accordionists (American Edition)
Page 43 – Jane Christison is listed under the category of World-Class Accordionists Roster of the best of the best (People and Stars Illustrate magazine choice)
Published December 1, 2018
Times Square Press®, Stars Illustrated Magazine®, New York and Maximillien de Lafayette®
Featured in: From the Shadow of an Accordion to Eternity Book
Talking to Accordionists Worth Listening To — Published: July 17, 2019
- Page 53 – Accordionists People Talked About List
- Page 54 – Most Talked About List
- Page 55 – Most Written About in Mainstream Media, Magazines, and Books in 2018/2019 List
- Page 87 – American Accordionists Worth Listening To List
- Pages153-156 – Photos and interview with Jane Christison
Times Square Press®, Stars Illustrated Magazine®, New York, Accordion Stars Illustrated, Federation of American Musicians, Singers and Performing Artists Inc. (FAMSPA) and Maximillien de Lafayette®.
Johnson County Library recommends Jane as a featured local performer!
Don’t let the ‘children’s music’ label fool you. Coming to us from Lenexa, Kansas, Jane Christison is a serious musician, performer, and songwriter — seriously fun, silly, and experienced. See the full article.
Reviewed by: Bryan Voell
Overland Park, Kansas
Come Sing Along with Janie Next Door CD
2013 CD OF THE YEAR AWARD
Kids Sing and Dance CDs Category
Creative Child Magazine
School Library Journal
March 2013, Vol. 59, Issue 3, p. 73
Review of: Come Sing Along with Janie Next Door CD
PreS-Gr2 – Jane Christison makes her children’s music debut with this collection of 18 original songs that cover a wide variety of topics that young children can relate to, from the love of jelly beans to kindergarten graduation. All of the numbers are upbeat with simple lyrics that encourage children to sing along. A few of the songs invite listeners to clap, stomp, or march along, while others have lyrics such as, “Toot, toot, toot, I had beans last night,” that young boys will love. A song about Halloween that captures the spirit of trick or treating without being scary and a Christmas song from the point of view of a child waiting for Santa’s arrival are nice additions to the holiday music genre. Christison’s album has a traditional children’s music sound to it, showcasing her voice without backup vocals, but adds a unique twist by featuring the accordion on the majority of the numbers. A solid addition to larger collections. See the article.
Reviewed by: Veronica De Fazio, Plainfield Public Library, IL ©Media Source, Inc. Used by Permission.
Winner of a 2012 Tillywig Toy & Media Sterling Fun Award
Review of: Come Sing Along With Janie Next Door CD
For the very young, every day contains landmark moments, and even the simplest daily routines can be a source of wonder. One of the remarkable things about this CD is the degree to which the music captures and conveys that magic. It is also why children are drawn to and connect with it so well.
While many of the songs evolve around simple childhood activities and events (riding a bicycle, getting new shoes, waking up in the morning, a loose tooth), there’s a visceral and visual quality to the lyrics and melodies that plays much like the soundtrack to an exciting motion picture. It is this quality – experiencing the spectacular in the ordinary – that sets the songs apart. That and accordionist Jane Christison’s performance (she also wrote all the music and lyrics). It’s easy to imagine, while listening to her strong, clear voice and spirited delivery, that you’re listening to the audio portion of a new PBS children’s show, one that celebrates the innocent pleasures that permeate the lives of young children.
The songs are upbeat, dramatic, well-written (with strong, catchy, verse-chorus-verse structures), and elicit interaction and activity in listeners of all ages. Lyrics booklet included.